Sports Premium Grant (2020 – 2021)
The Sports Premium Grant has been awarded to all schools in order to fund improvements to the provision and lasting impact of PE and sport in the 2017 to 2018 academic year. It is the intention this additional funding encourages pupils to develop healthy lifestyles, in addition to raising the profile, quality and quantity of sport provision in school.
The Grant allocation for Norbury CE Primary School (2020 2021) is £16,000 plus £5 per pupil on roll. Norbury CE Primary School therefore received £16,320 in the academic year 2020 – 2021.
The table below indicates how the money will be utilised and the impact the funding has had on promoting healthy lifestyles and improving participation in sport.
|Continuous Professional Development||Forest Schools Development||£7,200||·CPD funding for a further 1 colleagues to complete Level 3 Forest Schools Teacher’s Award leading to enhanced provision and opportunities for pupils in our own forest school setting.
· Weekly access for learning outside. The Outdoor Classroom promotes pupil independence, management of risk, team building, physical activity.
· Staffing of Forest School so that each class can visit the woodland each week [10 hours a week]
· After school provision to support Playworker extending opportunities for Science and Team work.
|First Aid Training for Forest School setting [X2]||£600||· Ensure that first aid provision is up to date for Forest School setting [X2]|
|CPD development work with Midday Supervisor – to enhance lunchtime provision in conjunction with the school council and improve play times by||£4000||· Attendance by Midday Supervisor at School Council Meetings
· Action Planning to secure resources for Lunchtime Play
· Purchase of Storage Facility for lunchtime resources
· Identification of Sports Leaders at Lunchtime
· Extra staffing to promote playtime and games during lunchtime play
|Equipment||EYFS||£600||· Trikes and bikes
· OLA play equipment to promote healthy lifestyle
· To complement and enhance the outdoor provision of EYFS curriculum.
|Resurfacing and development of school playground||£7,000||· Working with FONSA [PTA] to develop redundant area of school playground with exercise equipment.|
The development of Sporting Opportunities over the next year and subsequent year is reviewed and monitored regularly by the School and Governing Body and where appropriate will form part of the School Improvement Plan.